Friday, February 5, 2016

Robert E. Lee

Dear Diary,
I have a lot of news! My distant cousin has turned down the Union army to fight for the Confederacy. He does not really believe in slavery or secession. He is only fighting for the Confederacy because he does not want to have to fight against his close relatives. My cousin is commander Robert E. Lee of the Confederacy army. He has been a military leader in Virginia before his new job for the Confederacy. It will be hard for the North to find a leader as trained and smart as him. I may not be happy to know he is fighting for the Confederacy, but I am glad to know that he will take care of his family and has the correct morals. My husband thinks he is crazy for fighting against his morals just to not have to fight his family. I guess I see both points of view. Here is a photo of my cousin Robert and our other cousins:

That's all for now Diary,
Rebecca

Robert E Lee Family Photo. N.d. Web. 5 Feb. 2016. 
       <http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2603/36795899
       78_401ce52413.jpg>.

No comments:

Post a Comment