Monday, February 8, 2016

Advantages of Both Sides

Dear Diary,
I have been thinking about this war a lot lately. I have been collecting information about it from everyone I can. So I decided I would create a list of advantages of each side. I hope the North wins this. I think the best way to predict who wins would be to see this comparison.

Northern Advantages:

  • Bigger population in the North. (2.5 to 1)
  • More railroad track (2.4 to 1)
  • More wheat (4.2 to 1)
  • More merchant ships (9 to 1)
  • More naval ships (25 to 1)
  • Higher iron production (15 to 1)
  • Higher firearm production (32 to 1)

Southern Advantages:

  • Robert E Lee to lead them.
  • Higher cotton production (1 to 24)
  • They are on the defensive side, not offense.
  • Fighting on their own land
  • Mentally have more to fight for
Based on these statistics, I believe the north has a greater advantage then the south in this war. The north can use their navy to block of supplies from the south like what General Scott wanted in the Amaconda plan. The North has a greater advantage because it has more of what it needs to survive this war then the South does. Here is a picture of cartoon version of the Anaconda plan:


That's all for now Diary,
Rebecca


 Anaconda Plan. N.d. Web. 8 Feb. 2016. <https://upload.wikimedia.org/
           wikipedia/commons/b/bc/Scott-anaconda.jpg>.

1 comment:

  1. There's so much more to the southern advantages! Think about the psychological advantage and also the fact that they just have to defend.

    ReplyDelete